Sunday, April 10, 2011

IELTS Speaking Interview

Before appearing in the ielts interview you must be fully prepared about your interview, for this you should practice these given ielts speaking interview questions:

Stage 1

Hello, please come in and take a seat. How are you today? CanI see your passport please? ... and your CV?
Thank you. My name is (interviewer's name). What shall Icall you?
Where do you come from? Where is that exactly?
Can you tell me a little about your educational background?
Did you like school? What were your favourite subjects? Why?
So, what do you intend to study now?
What is it that interests you about that?
And, your family? Do they support you in your decision?
Tell me a little about your family.
What does your family like doing on the weekend?

Stage 2

And you?
What do you like doing on the weekend?
I'm going to ask you to talk about a particular topic - let'ssee - er, ... sport and
fitness.
What do you do to keep fit?
How often do you play a sport?
Do you consider yourself to be healthy?Why?
Is there anything you could do to increase your fitness levelthat you don't do at present?

Tell me about sport in your country. What kinds of sport aremost popular? Why?
How important is it that sport be included in the secondaryschool curriculum?
Should team sports be compulsory at school?

If you had the chance to take up a new sport, which would youchoose? Why?

Stage 3

Thank you. Next, I'll give you the chance to ask me somequestions. I want you to pretend that you are a new student atuniversity (or college) and that you wish to find out aboutbecoming a member of the Sports Centre. Take this role-play card...
You can ask me any questions you wish. The topics on the cardwill give you some ideas.

Stage 4


Thank you. Now I'd like you to give me back the card, and tell me in more detail about your future plans.
What do you intend to do after this examination?
Have you made any enquiries about courses that offer you what you want?
Is it easy to succeed in this particular field of work? What are the problems you might encounter?
Can you be a little more specific?
What kind of person do you have to be to succeed in this line of work? What kind of qualities do you need to possess? Why?
What might you do if you had to pursue another career?
Do you have any personal goals in life other than those pertaining to your career?
Do you intend to travel or live for a time overseas, for example?
Are you the kind of person for whom financial success is very important?

Stage 5

Very good. That just about brings us to the end of the interview.
Is there anything else you might like to tell me about?
Right, then. Goodbye, and thank you for sharing your time with me.
I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

IELTS EXAMS | IELTS PRACTICE | IELTS EXAM | IELTS TEST| IELTS SPEAKING | IELTS PREPARATION