Monday, April 11, 2011

IELTS speaking interview

Example IELTS Interview Questions

Part 1 of the IELTS Speaking exam is an interview, consisting of 'getting-to-know-you' questions. Here are some sample questions to give you an idea of what happens in the IELTS interview.

* What's your name?
* Where are you from?
* Where do you live?
* Do you like living there?

Let's move on to work

* What job would you like to do?
* Why does this job interest you?
* What skills do you need for this job?

Let's talk about food

* What do you like to eat?
* Do you try to eat a healthy diet?
* Do you often go out to restaurants?

Part I Interview: Giving Full Answers

Impress the examiner with your ability to give full answers to his or her questions. To avoid simple yes or no answers or short responses generally, try using our REDS method to add detail to your initial response:

* Give a Reason
* Offer an Example.
* Give Detail
* Speculate

Part I Interview: REDS in Action

Question: What job would you like to do?
Answer (Reason): I've always wanted to be a vet. I love animals and I think it would be a very rewarding job.

Question: What skills do you need for this job?
Answer (Example): I think you need to be sensitive to people's feelings. If you're dealing with their sick of injured pets you need to be honest but also appreciate how they might be feeling.

Question: Where do you come from?
Answer (Detail): I come from Braga in Portugal. It's well known as a religious centre and has lots of beautiful buildings, both new and old.

Question: Do you often go out to restaurants?
Answer (Speculate): Unfortunately, since I had my baby, no. If I had the chance I'd really like to eat out more often, especially in Thai or Vietnamese restaurants.
Part I Interview: Over to You

Now you try using the REDS method with these question:

Let's talk about travel

* Do you like to travel?
* What's your favourite way of travelling?
* Have you got a holiday planned?

Let's talk about hobbies

* Have you got any hobbies or interests?
* What do you do in your spare time?
* Is there anything you haven't yet done that you'd really like to try?

Let's talk about food

* What do you like to eat?
* Do you try to eat a healthy diet?
* Do you often go out to restaurants?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

IELTS EXAMS | IELTS PRACTICE | IELTS EXAM | IELTS TEST| IELTS SPEAKING | IELTS PREPARATION