Saturday, April 9, 2011

IELTS Writing Letter

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

You had a good meal in a local restaurant with your family. Write a letter to the newspaper to tell them about it, describe the meal you had, and why you think the restaurant is worth visiting.

You should write at least 150 words.

You do NOT need to write your own address. Begin your letter as follows:

Dear Sir,


Ielts preparation letter is given below to check your standard:

To the Editor,

I am a long standing member of our local community and I am writing a recommendation to other citizens for one of our fine neighbourhood dining establishments; The Lone Star Café.

There were many impressive attributes which struck me upon my entrance, such as the décor and ambience. I particularly enjoyed the laidback attitude of the place. But for my mind it was the service along with the size and quality of the portions that was most memorable.

The service was professional yet intimate, and along with the sheer quantity of the dishes served, motivated me to pass on my recommendation. I enjoyed a steak of mammoth proportions and a giant fresh, crisp salad accompanied by a selection of appropriately selected seasonal vegetables. The piece de resistance, however, was the rich Black Forest gateau served as dessert –and all for a reasonable price.

I hope after reading this, potential customers will frequent this diner – Bon appetite.

Yours truly

Ielts Preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

IELTS EXAMS | IELTS PRACTICE | IELTS EXAM | IELTS TEST| IELTS SPEAKING | IELTS PREPARATION